Point Adams Light Station was constructed in 1875 on the south side of the Columbia River to assist vessels entering that waterway. It was the most northerly light station on the Oregon coast and of a design similar to Point Hueneme and Point Fermin in southern California. The main building consisted of a two-story redwood Victorian with a four-story tower attached. The lens was a 4th order and originally displayed an alternating red and white flashing light, visible for 11 miles. The station included a fog signal building and the usual outbuildings.
File
PointAdams_Fall_1993.pdf
(1.66 MB)
- Log in to post comments