2020 Lighthouse Tour Preview:
- South Carolina & Georgia - April 18th to April 26th
- Sicily / Malta - May 20th to June 4th
- New Hampshire - June 13th to June 21st
- Ireland - July 11th to July 31st
- Lake Huron - August 15th to August 23rd
- Greece - September 19th to October 3rd
- Maine 1 - October 1st to 11th
- Tasmania/Australia - November 29th to December 20th
Thomas Point Shoal Lighthouse Excursions
Don't miss this rare opportunity to visit and tour the restored interior of this offshore light station, the last intact screwpile lighthouse in its original location, in the magnificent Chesepeake Bay!
Click Here to see our current schedule.
Experience Amazing Lighthouse Tours
There is no more wonderful experience than visiting, photographing and, whenever possible, climbing up a lighthouse. Counting the steps to the top, you can imagine the complex life and responsibilities for lighthouse keepers. With each light station visit, you’ll learn about the special circumstances that surrounded keeping the light burning. You’ll develop an appreciation for each lighthouse’s history and discover what makes them special.
Lighthouses were often built in remote locations (on both land and at sea) making some challenging to access, or are active Coast Guard stations closed to the general public. Also, lighthouses are sometimes open seasonally for limited hours. But you’re in luck! Our tours are designed to overcome these obstacles. We’ll arrange access and transportation on vessels to reach our destinations. A tour with the U.S. Lighthouse Society will be an exciting, lifetime experience full of incredible memories for all lighthouse enthusiasts.
Download and print our Tour Registration Form here
Tour and traveling Adventures
U.S. Lighthouse Society Tours are fun, stimulating adventures designed to captivate our members. Our routes are specifically developed to maximize not only lighthouse touring, but also to help you gain a better understanding of the culture and communities in which lighthouses are located. The Society has visited some amazing locations over the years during our tours:
Some of The Places We've been
- CN Tower - Canada Lighthouse Tour
- Niagara Falls - Lake Ontario Lighthouse Tour
- Arizona Memorial - Hawaii Lighthouse Tour
- Statue of Liberty - New York Lighthouse Tour
- Notre Dame - French Lighthouse Tour
- Malbork Castle - Poland Lighthouse Tour
- Meijer Gardens - Michigan Lighthouse Tour
- Hearst Castle - California Lighthouse Tour
Photos: 2009 Long Island Tour Group at Fire Island Lighthouse (top left); Lighthouse cruise 2008 Wales Tour (top middle); Niagara Falls (top right); Carol and Mary at Middle Bay (middle right); Hearst Castle (bottom left); Notre Dame (bottom right)