Goals of the Lighthouse Passport Program
- Provide a vehicle for participating locations to obtain donations to continue their preservation, restoration and educational efforts. To this end, you are encouraged to donate at least #1 for each stamp you receive.
- Act as an educational and fun way for individuals and families to learn more about lighthouses and the important role they have played in American maritime history.
Passport entries that qualify for Passport Achievement Awards
Stamps for the USLHS Passport Program are primarily available for lighthouses. However, USCG stations, life-saving station, maritime museums and Fresnel lenses are also included. All participating locations are listed by state on this website. To qualify for achievement awards the following are acceptable entries in the USLHS Passport:
1. Any stamp listed on our website of participating locations as well as USLHS tour, holiday fundraiser and Lost Lights Series stamps.
2. Different stamp designs for the same location. If available at a given location, these are listed as Design #1, Design #2, etc. If you find a stamp that is not on the list - see #3.
3. A stamp of any lighthouse, domestic or international, with both an image and name of the lighthouse. Where you obtained the stamp should be written under the stamp in your Passport. NPS cancellation stamps with only the name of the lighthouse are also acceptable.
4. A photo you took of any lighthouse, domestic or international, that is on the list of participating locations. Passports with all stamps receive an “All Stamp Flag” in addition to the appropriate patch award.
Note: If you are not sure if a stamp counts, email a copy to: email@example.com. Make sure and indicate where you obtained the stamp.
In summary: If it is on the list of participating locations, it counts. If it is not on the list but depicts and identifies the lighthouse, it counts. Only photos of domestic and international lighthouses on the list count. Whenever applicable, exceptions to these policies are included with individual site listings.
Participating location hours/days of opening
Many participating locations are only open seasonally. In addition, the days and hours of the week they are open may be limited by the availability of volunteers. It is strongly suggested that you call or check the location’s website to determine their current hours of opening.
Obtaining stamp images via mail
If a stamp is unavailable when you visit or you visited it before you started collecting stamps, some locations are willing to provide you with a copy of the stamp via mail. This normally requires a self-addressed stamped envelop (SASE) and a donation of at least $1 for each stamp requested.. Some locations require more proof of your visit (e.g. a photo). Requirements are clearly identified for each site on the website along with their mailing instructions.
Stamps available on Lighthouse Cruises & Excursions
Some stamps are available from companies that provide cruises or excursions to one or more lighthouses. Most require that you participate in the cruise in order to obtain the stamp. In many cases a stamp with a different design for the same lighthouses is available at another location.
Obtaining your achievement awards (Patches, Wings & All Stamp Flags)
In order to obtain your achievement awards and be listed in our Hall of Fame, each Passport must contain 60 acceptable entries. If you are not able to fit four stamps on each page, use the blank pages in the back of the book to complete this requirement. There are several ways for you to obtain your awards. (1) The preferred way is to attach scans of your Passport pages to an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (2) Mail a photo copy of the pages to: USLHS Passport Program, 9005 Point No Point Rd., NE, Hansville, WA 98340. Include a SASE to receive your patch and/or flag by return mail. (3) Mail the completed passport book along with $4 for return postage and tracking service. It is recommended that you obtain a tracking number when you mail it to the office.
Note: If you have any questions regarding your completed passport or the status of your award request, please do not call the office. Send your inquiry to: email@example.com