Apply to Become a Participating Location
There are a few simple steps in the application process. First, fill out the form below. Once your application is approved, our graphic artist will create a design based on your input. The stamp will be designed, fabricated and shipped for $45. Discounts are available for multiple stamps.
Following are the guidelines used to determine if a new stamp will be added to the program.
1. Must be a current or historical U.S. Coast Guard ATON or a current Class 1 or Class 2 Private Aid to Navigation.
2. Our preference is to have the stamp held by an organization that is affiliated with the lighthouse itself. Other locations or organizations, including commercial tour companies, will be considered if donations made for the stamps are forwarded to a supporting group or to the USLHS for their Lighthouse Preservation Grants Program.
3. The stamp should be available all year or seasonally at the lighthouse or nearby location at regularly scheduled times. Hours of operation must be available on a Facebook or webpage.
4. If two different stamps at different locations are currently available for a lighthouse, additional stamps will be considered only if there is limited availability for the stamps at the other two locations.
5. No new stamps will be added if they are only available by mail or are for a lighthouse located outside of the U.S. or Canada. Addition of Canadian lights will be subject to the same criteria as U.S. lights.
6. Lighthouse anniversary stamps will only be considered for significant dates, for example – 150 years, 200 years, etc.
7. Stamps for lenses should be for 1st order or a unique configuration only.
If you have any questions or need more information email Skip Sherwood, Program Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call Society headquarters - 415-362-7255.