The History of the Point No Point Lighthouse
Point No Point Light Station
The Point No Point Lighthouse, built in 1879 by the U. S. Lighthouse Service, is considered to be the oldest lighthouse on Puget Sound. It marks the hazardous Point No Point shoal and north entrance to Puget Sound. The Point No Point Light Station, located in Kitsap County's Point No Point County Park near Hansville, is on the Washington State Heritage Register and the National Register of Historic Places. The beacon continues to be key navigational aids and the light station, with its 90-foot radar tower, is vital to the Coast Guard's Vessel Traffic Service that monitors and guides vessel traffic in Puget Sound.
Here is an article written for The Keeper's Log magazine by Elinor DeWire that goes into great detail about the history of the Point No Point Lighthouse.