Alcatraz Island Lighthouse Project Coverage Report
On October 5, 2015, Lands’ End chartered a boat tour to Alcatraz Lighthouse to kick off a rehabilitation project for the historic structure. Members of the media and local officials were invited to join CEO Federica Marchionni as she announced funding for the Historic Structures Report, administered by the U.S. Lighthouse Society, with further support from the U.S. Coast Guard and the National Park Service. The report will take the first critical steps in ensuring the structure can be enjoyed for generations to come. Media in garnered included Town and Country magazine (expected), San Francisco Chronicle, local PBS and FOX stations, Contra Costra Times, San Jose Mercury News, Daily Democrat and KGO-AM.
Published on Nov 2, 2015
Lands’ End partners with the US Lighthouse Society, the Coast Guard and the National Park Service to help save the oldest lighthouse on the West Coast.
Overview October 6, 2015
Traditional Media Coverage
- San Jose Mercury News: New Shine on an Old Guard
- San Jose Mercury News: Alcatraz Island Lighthouse Rehabilitation Planned
- San Francisco Chronicle: Future may be bright for aging Alcatraz lighthouse
- Contra Costa Times: Alcatraz Island lighthouse rehabilitation planned
- Daily Democrat: Alcatraz Island lighthouse rehabilitation planned
Lands' End CEO, Federica Marchionni and U.S. Lighthouse Society Executive Director, Jeff Gales