The objectives of the United States Lighthouse Society:
- Fostering public awareness of America’s lighthouses
- Assisting lighthouse organizations, preservation groups and public agencies in their preservation efforts
- Supporting lighthouse preservation projects with monetary and non-monetary assistance
- Maintaining a central repository of lighthouse information
- Conducting research on lighthouse history
- Responding to requests for information and assistance.
The United States Lighthouse Society will endeavor to become the primary source for lighthouse and lighthouse heritage information, and will strive to improve its research resources both at its physical libraries and through its website. In addition, the Society will strive to become a national leader in lighthouse-related education through publications such as its Keeper’s Log, presentations, tours, research resources and assistance, and other efforts to foster public knowledge and enjoyment of America’s rich and important lighthouse heritage. The Society also will act as a key force in lighthouse preservation by continuing its lighthouse stewardships; by fostering cooperation among lighthouse organizations and preservation groups through increased networking and affiliate programs; and by providing both practical and financial assistance through a developed pool of experts and expertise and by the growth of its Lighthouse Preservation Fund into an annual grant-making resource.