Jun 04, 2017 to Jun 12, 2017
The Hudson River is best known today as the political dividing line between New York and New Jersey, but its history sheds light on America’s rich past of exploration and revolution. Originating from lakes in the high Adirondack Mountains, the Hudson River flows south, creating one of the most predominant waterways on the East Coast. Once the accidental destination of navigators searching for the Northwest Passage and later serving as an important battleground during the Revolutionary war, the Hudson River brings America’s colonial past to life.
Join us on our Hudson River Tour as we explore this key location the way it began – visiting the same lighthouses that have guided sailors on the river for centuries. We will begin the tour in New York City with a visit to the grounds of first lighthouse in the U.S. to use electricity—the Statue of Liberty. We will then head north along the river, ending up in Burlington, Vermont. A visit to Lake Champlain, which is often referred to as the sixth Great Lake, is next, before enjoying a stunning lighthouse cruise of the lake and its striking scenery. We have also included a variety of historic and fun stops along the way to make this trip a spectacular adventure.
Sunday, June 04: Arrive New York City - Welcome Dinner and Overnight (D*)
Monday, June 05: New York City - Afternoon Free (B/L)
Tuesday, June 06: Tarrytown, NY (B/L/D)
Wednesday, June 07: West Point, NY (B/L/D)
Thursday, June 08: Kingston, NY (B/L/D)
Friday, June 09: Ticonderoga, NY (B/L/D)
Saturday, June 10: Burlington, VT (B/L/D)
Sunday, June 11: Burlington, VT - Farewell Dinner (B/L/D)
Monday, June 12: Flights Home (B)
* B = Breakfast included / L = Lunch included / D = Dinner included
- New York - June 6 - Jeffrey's Hook - Tour & Climb
- New York - June 6 - Sands Point - Photo Op
- New York - June 6 - Execution Rocks - Photo Op
- New York - June 6 - Stepping Stones - Photo Op
- New York - June 6 - Throgs Neck - Photo Op
- New York - June 6 - Tarrytown - Photo Op
- New York - June 7 - Stony Point - Tour
- New York - June 8 - Esopus Meadows - Tour
- New York - June 8 - Rondout Creek - Tour & Climb
- New York - June 9 - Saugerties - Tour & Climb
- New York - June 9 - Hudson Athens - Tour & Climb
- New York - June 10 - Crown Point - Tour & Climb
- New York - June 10 - Barber's Point - Photo Op
- Vermont - June 10 - Colchester Reef - Tour
- Vermont - June 11 - Burlington North Breakwater - Photo Op
- Vermont - June 11 - Burlington South Breakwater - Photo Op
- New York - June 11 - Bluff Point - Tour
- New York - June 11 - Cumberland Head - Photo Op
- New York - June 11 - Point Au Roche - Photo Op
Travelers should be able to walk approximately half a mile over uneven terrain.
Want more Details?
Contact Headquarters: (415)362-7255 or email@example.com
Email this tour to your friend, and add your "Let's Go" message!
OTHER STOPS AND FURTHER INFORMATION:
Ferry to Statue of Liberty and Tour of Grounds
City tour of NYC on Double Decker Bus
West Point Tour
Church Street Market
Tour schedule, lighthouses and accommodations subject to change
Download a Tour Registration form (PDF) Complete and mail your check to USLHS, 9005 Point No Point Rd NE, Hansville, WA 98340.